Garden, Plant, Cook!

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Agriscaping is Edible Landscaping - My Heirloom Pumpkin is Still Growing.

Dear Folks,

I HAVE to share this video with you.  I know of, but had never met, Justin Rohner of Agriscaping.com.  This is an amazing display of edible landscaping, and his home is in an HOA and shows how edible landscaping can be as beautiful and decorative as ornamental, non-edible plants.

Justin's video could be a visual of my gardens (only his are neater :-) and since he did such a great job showcasing the beauty of edible landscaping I felt you NEED to see it.

He recently gave a video tour of HIS home to illustrate what edible landscaping - what he calls Agriscaping - looks like - and I was blown away by his meticulous layout.  He even has a "farmacy", an area devoted to herbs which can be used medicinally.  This video, for those who live outside of our valley, was taken December 17, 2017 - the middle of early winter in many parts of the country.

Justin Rohner - Agriscaping.com

Here is the link to his website.

One of the points he makes is the different climate zones in YOUR gardens.  I know in mine there can be as much as an 8 degree difference in these different zones and that can be a great guide to what to plant where.

. . .

My Upper Ground Sweet Potato Pumpkin is coming along.  Since this is the first time I have ripening fruit on it (last year's plant failed) I am trying NOT to pick too early.  I sowed the seeds in July and the plant put out a ton of male flowers for weeks once it got going.  This fruit probably pollinated in mid-September. With our lovely warmish weather this fall, I have at least 1 or 2 other young fruit.  We shall see what happens.

RECIPE:

If you missed my recipe for Cranberry/Pistachio Biscotti, -  Here is the link
None of the ingredients are from my garden, but it is the holidays and these cookies are so good, I hope you will try them out.  Let me know what you think if you make them.   catherine  at herbs2u dot net

In case you missed it - did you see the release on my new perpetual monthly calendar?  Blog post and links are here.

 You can also get the link in the upper side bar to the print edition (it is available in print and PDF).

There is still time to donate food to your local food bank to help make sure those in need have holiday dinners. Click here to enter your state to find food banks near you.

Have a great week.


-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe below by entering your email, to get all my posts!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Disclaimer: Clicking on links on this blog may earn me a small commission if you purchase something. Your price does not change.

No comments: