Garden, Plant, Cook!

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Rain = Mushrooms!


Dear Folks,

While checking the rain totals for the last 24 hours, I spotted these in an area designated for a future tree.  I laughed out loud when I caught sight of them!

I check rain totals for a 24 hour period at first light - we received 1.25 inches over the last 3 nights.  Far less than many parts of the valley, but still enough to show mushroom growth in our healthy soil.

AND we got to skip major garden watering because of the totals.  Always cool to let mother nature do your watering.

As I type this at about 8:45 am it has started raining again - and the sun is coming out - good old fashioned sunshower - yipppeeee!

Back to the mushrooms, these puppies are huge!

 
And no I am not going to check and see if they can be eaten:

1)  I have no training; and
2)  My sweety is severely allergic to mushrooms!

. . .

If you are starting to think about gift giving for the holidays, consider my gardening book and/or wall calendar for your gardening friends or family (or those who want to but need help).  The information is applicable in USDA Zone 9b and above - Desert Southwest and Deep South.

My Calendar and Book Links

Wall Calendar
Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1387385798/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1

Publisher Direct
http://www.lulu.com/shop/catherine-crowley/edible-landscaping-a-month-by-month-calendar-desert-southwest-usda-zone-9b/paperback/product-23433329.html


Beginner's Southwest Gardening Book
Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141164039X/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Publisher Direct
http://www.lulu.com/shop/catherine-crowley/edible-landscaping-in-the-desert-southwest-wheelbarrow-to-plate/paperback/product-176297.html



Enjoy the rain, stay safe and look forward to happy gardens!


-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

If you enjoyed this post, please share and subscribe below by entering your email, to get all
my posts! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Disclaimer: Clicking on links on this blog may earn me a small commission if you purchase something. Your price does not change.

No comments: