Garden, Plant, Cook!

Saturday, March 04, 2017

My "International" Sauerkraut Soup

Dear Folks,

I made this soup a while back and shared on facebook, but I think it needs to be "out there" for all to consider making this delicious soup.

I make my own lacto fermented sauerkraut and recently I was seeing recipes for "sauerkraut soup" - they sounded good to me particularly for the fact that LF sauerkraut is brined and not made with vinegar.

Ingredients:

Jewish (Organic chicken broth)
Polish (Kielbasa Sausage - No preservatives or nitrates & my homemade sauerkraut)
Italian (Organic Cannellini Beans, drained)

. . . and that is it!

Add a tablespoon of avocado or olive oil to a sauce pan, heat on medium, add cut up sausage (it is already cooked), saute to brown a bit

Add chicken broth bring to a boil, add beans and bring back to a boil, immediately add drained sauerkraut, stir and serve.

Portions are based on how many servings you want.

Loved the way this turned out - in our house this is called a Keeper!



-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe below by entering your email, to get all my posts!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Disclaimer: Clicking on links on this blog may earn me a small commission if you purchase something. Your price does not change.

No comments: