Garden, Plant, Cook!

Monday, November 28, 2016

My Cheese Ball Recipe - Great for a Party or a Snack!

Dear Folks,

Here is a recipe to make up for any gathering - even if it is just a nice quiet family evening.

My Cheese Ball

For a while now I've been wanting to try making a cheese ball.  I know it is simple and folks have been doing this appetizer for years but I kept balking at the Cream Cheese component most recipe ideas start out with.  I LOVE cheese and I want real cheese and real nutrition density.  Then I did some research and created this recipe last year.

Recipe can be doubled etc.

1/2 cup White Cheddar (Arizona Cheese Company makes a White Cheddar with garlic and black pepper-- available at local Farmers Markets)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt (enough to bind well)
3+ Tablespoons of finely diced red and green bell pepper
Sprinkle of paprika
Chopped Walnuts

Blend all with a spatula, then butter your hands and shape into a ball.  Roll in nuts to cover well.  Twist in plastic wrap, and chill.  Bring out about 15 minutes before serving to allow to soften a bit for spreading.

Last year I served this as dessert with sweet potato chips, blackberries, grapes, some spiced nuts a friend gave us and a mix of chocolates and cookies.  A take off on a dessert tray of cheese, fruit and nuts.





-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe below by entering your email, to get all my posts! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Disclaimer: Clicking on links on this blog may earn me a small commission if you purchase something. Your price does not change.

No comments: