Garden, Plant, Cook!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mother's Day Ends a Week of Celebrating Herbs!

Dear Folks,

This year National Herb Week runs from Monday, May 2nd to Sunday May 8th.

National Herb Week begins the first Monday of May and ends each year on Mother's Day, a fitting and fun combination of celebrating love and the fragrance and helpfulness of herbs.

Pictured is my Arizona Wild Rose.  You did know roses are herbs didn't you!

If you are looking for flowers considering adding some fragrant herbs to the roses and other flowers and create a one of a kind  bouquet for Mom.  She will remember it long after the flowers fade

. . .


As a gardener, cook, writer and lecturer on all things edible, and particularly herbs, I have some ideas for gifts for your Mother, Grandmother or someone has been like a mother to you, which can extend her special day by gifting some useful books or calendar, or take her to a lovely lunch / lecture.

Here are some belated gift ideas are:

My special "Let's Talk Culinary Herbs" lecture at the beautiful Lavender Herb Farm  in Chico on your choice of May 13 (Friday) or May 14 (Saturday).  Read my full blog post on the lecture and how to register ($20 / person).

Perhaps Mom or Grandmom enjoys gardening.

My month-by-month wall calendar helps her know what to plant each month in the Valley, including herbs, vegetables, fruits and edible flowers.

My beginner's guide to gardening more successfully in the desert is a good reference book with gardening tips, month-by-month planting and some recipes to get your started.

If she likes to cook my 101+ Recipes book featuring herbs and spices for flavor FIRST is a favorite of my readers for how prepare meals full of flavor with less salt and fat.

And my newest cookbook is a unique take on a 12 Course Victorian Meal (you don't have to prepare them all at once!) using one or more herbs as the focal point.

You can also find all of these on Amazon

I hope your Mother's Day celebrations, whether your own or shared, are lovely, fun and serene.

Find me on Facebook.

-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe in the upper side bar link, to get all my posts!

Disclaimer: Clicking on links on this blog may earn me a small commission if you purchase something. Your price does not change.

No comments: