Garden, Plant, Cook!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sad News For My Family

Dear Folks,

Way too soon after the tragedy in Tucson, yesterday my young cousin was killed in the line of duty as a police officer in New Jersey.

We lost his father just this past September.  Our family while large and spread out is close knit in spirit.

Someone (possibly one of his fellow officers) began a facebook page for condolences.


We don't have answers only very, very sad questions.


-- Catherine, The Herb Lady

5 comments:

Tina Poole said...

Catherine,

Although we have never met in person, I am a subscriber to your newsletter which I love. So I just wanted to reach out to you today as you so faithfully do for your subscribers.

Sending healing thoughts in light and love to you and your family at this time.

Edna said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you journey through this time.

FranE said...

My condolences to you and your family. Men who serve the community are worthy of high praise.

Unknown said...

Catherine,

How very, very sad. Our Condolences to you and your family.

This awful tragedy should remind us all of our duties to protect our protectors. Let’s find out what we can do to be sure all officers have bullet proof vest available and non-officers do not have guns that could cause such an awful loss.

Our Deepest Sympathy…Kathleen & Vito

Deanna said...

So sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.